Monday, May 16, 2016

MY LIFE IS GOOD


As I sauntered the beach today


 I thought I'd give you a taste of my weekend discoveries


last year's dried up wildflowers were not about to give up their hold
on the landscape


neither were the cranberries that survived the winter onslaught


 however hope springs eternal 
as the wild strawberries pepper the trails 
along my beach walk


back home in my garden 
the sun kisses
the rose coloured epimediums 


and white variety as well


my star magnolia is so soft and warm 
nestled in the corner of the garden


and the occasional raindrops 
hang onto the berry bushes


while late evenings beachcombers discover 
their long awaited joys 
in the sands and waters


I take my place with Miss Pinkie
on the sofa that I call my own
and
bid you all 
a good night!