Saturday, June 22, 2013

Sore Paw Saunter


Well, it seems an old injury from my youth
has come back to haunt me.
My front right paw is very sore
and I'm limping now.


Managing the rocks and pathways
has to be done slowly.
Jim shows me the easiest route to take.



Along the harbour shoreline at Point Pleasant Park this afternoon
we saw so much on the water near this old fortress.


~~~ group after group of youngsters learning how to manouevre their boats ~~~


~~~ different sizes and ages all within a stones throw of each other ~~~


~~~ some people nearby were satisfied to just sit and take in the moment
of peacefulness and tranquility ~~~


My favourite path is so much easier on my paw.
I super sprained it on Labour Day 2008
and I had to pull way back with activity.
It seems it's vulnerable 
and any unnecessary hops or jumps
set it off.


Now as I saunter along quiet paths
and sniff the remains of old trees ~~~


and deal with the grasses tickling my nose


I look forward to the day when I can stand up straight and tall
like these sedges not feeling any discomfort.


The clouds seem to suggest that my hopes will become so,
if only I could remember 
not to be so excited sometimes.


I am listening Jim,
honest!
I try so hard to be careful
and the guys say
 I'm so much better than I used to be.